f John Norman's Chronicles of Gor - Re: Age [Posting Guidelines and Moderator's Notes]

Welcome Guest Register or Log In
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Related FAQs
How do I...
Report site bugs, errors, etc.?

Did you know?
There is a summary of copyright law in our Articles section.

Search

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Age
Staff
Staff

See User information
I won't discuss a particular case publicly, but I will make some general comments about how the system works.

When an ID is banned, that ID can only be reactivated by a member of Staff. There is no automatic reactivation. Whether or not a ban is temporary or permanent will depend on many factors, and we will make such decisions case by case.

Simon

Posted on: 2007/12/12 17:04
"Have I nothing better to do? Have I not a thousand scrolls gathering dust on my shelves, unread, unstudied?"
 Top  Twitter  Facebook  Google Plus  Linkedin  Del.icio.us  Digg  Reddit  Mr. Wong  Report

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Greetings,

Ah, teenagers. This girl feels Hannah should be allowed to return when she is 18.

However, by then she will no doubt have moved on to a dozen other interests. It happened to me almost 18 years ago. At age 15 i had read a couple Gor novels, and didn't return to them until about 6 months ago.

Probably Hannah is gone for good. ;)

pettitoes

Posted on: 2007/12/12 15:45
 Top  Twitter  Facebook  Google Plus  Linkedin  Del.icio.us  Digg  Reddit  Mr. Wong  Report

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Master Simom,

Out of curiosity, may I ask...After she is 18 will she be able to join the forum, or will the ban keep her out even after that? Or is she banned now because she broke the terms and tried to come in under the age of 18?

Thank you for your patience.
kylees

Posted on: 2007/12/12 14:37
Be bold, for greater forces will come to your aid!

Staff
Staff

See User information
A few members might have noticed that the recently banned member managed to make another brief post after we had supposedly banned her. We've identified the technical problem that prevented her banning from taking proper effect and rectified that, so she can no longer access the site. We very rarely have reason to ban people here, and the precise circumstances that caused the ban not to work on this occassion had never occurred before. We are now working on a permanent fix to that problem so that it will not happen again.

Posted on: 2007/10/19 23:35
"Have I nothing better to do? Have I not a thousand scrolls gathering dust on my shelves, unread, unstudied?"

Staff
Staff

See User information
Hi all,

Strictly speaking this is the wrong forum for this post, but I wanted to make sure it's read by as many as possible. We'll move it to the appropriate forum at a later date.

You will have spotted that we have just expelled a member after it came to our attention that she was under 18. I'd like to remind everyone that the members only areas of this site are strictly for those over 18. Every member of this site has agreed to our Terms of Service, which expressly state that members must be over 18. Should we become aware, or if we have sufficiently strong grounds to believe, that any member is under 18 then that member will be immediately expelled, without exception. If we are proved wrong then we will of course resinstate that member with an apology.

There are many reasons for taking such a strict line on that, some of them legal reasons, and others moral and ethical reasons. I won't go into all of them, but I will try to summarise them. To put it simply we have a responsibility to help ensure that minors are protected from harm. We owe that to their parents, to other members, but most importantly to the minors themselves. We take that responsibility very, very seriously, as you have now seen.

Please help us in this by letting us know of any evidence or suspicions you have, and of course by not inviting anyone you know to be under 18 to join this site, and instead urging them not to do so. Members found to be ignoring our age rules and actively inviting minors to join this site may also, at our discretion, be expelled from the site.

Simon

Posted on: 2007/10/18 17:30

Edited by Simon_of_Tabor on 2007/10/18 17:53:16

[Advanced Search]

DISCLAIMER
Please be advised that John Norman is not responsible and specifically disclaims any responsibility for any of the content of this website, except for any content that he has specifically written himself. Please also be advised that John Norman has no ownership interest in this website.
Home :: About Us :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Notice :: Contact Us
© 2006-2010 John Norman's Chronicles of Gor
John Norman's Chronicles of Gor is owned and run on a not-for-profit basis by Gor fans, for Gor fans, and is independent of John Norman, his agent, and his publishers.

All Gor novels are copyright © by John Norman. All rights are reserved and, subject to the doctrines of fair use and fair dealing, no text from any of the Gor novels may be used without the express written consent of the author or his authorized representatives. Infringements of this copyright will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. For information and permission contact copyright@gorchronicles.com.
You can report infringements of the copyright of the Gor novels to us at copyright@gorchronicles.com.

Unless expressly stated otherwise, the copyrights of all independently created works posted on this site by or with the permission of their authors or other copyright-holders, as the case may be, are retained by their respective authors or other copyright-holders, as the case may be. If you believe your copyright may have been infringed in some way on this site please contact us at copyright@gorchronicles.com.

For further information about copyright matters on this website please view our Terms of Service. For any other information contact us at info@gorchronicles.com.

This site uses cookies. For full details regarding our use of cookies please refer to our Privacy Notice.