f
Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home2/gorchron/public_html/include/functions.encoding.php on line 40

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home2/gorchron/public_html/include/functions.encoding.php on line 40

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home2/gorchron/public_html/include/functions.encoding.php on line 73
John Norman's Chronicles of Gor - Re: The Chat Room is Open [Posting Guidelines and Moderator's Notes]

Welcome Guest Register or Log In
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Related FAQs
How do I...
Search the Encyclopedia?

Did you know?
As a member, you can start new discussions...

Search

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: The Chat Room is Open
Staff
Staff

See User information
The chatroom is for realtime conversations only, to the best of my knowledge. Use of it for 'scening' and RP would unreasonably restrict others from using it for general chat. CoG is a discussion site for ALL Gor enthusiasts (It's a bit difficult to seriously discuss aspects of the the books, and deep perceived meaning while at the same time some people are having virtual swordfights, virtual wordy serves from suitably descriptive kajirae - not to mention while the RPers are possibly mutilating the storylines (sorry, my own predjudice showing through there) with their own peculiar interpretations of what Gor is all about).

Posted on: 2007/3/22 16:38
Breoghan

Honour needs no witness.
Reality has little respect for wishful thinking.
Life goes on, then one day it doesn't. The rest is just there to keep things interesting
 Top  Twitter  Facebook  Google Plus  Linkedin  Del.icio.us  Digg  Reddit  Mr. Wong  Report

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Hello Masters,
Hello Mistresses,
Hello slaves,

My apologies, I wasn't aware the Chat Room was now available at any time?

My Master has never allowed me to go into Chat Rooms, and he told me he would think about allowing me to use this one, on occassion.

It's my understanding though that there would be no roleplaying involved. No cyber-serves or attempts at cyber-collaring. Just discussions among folks who are on-line at any given point with some time on their hands?

I see there's some logs already on there of past discussions, which is reassuring, I must say. More to show my Master at any rate. I'm sorry, Chat Rooms are just very alien to me.

Wishing everyone all the best.

Respectfully,
holly {B}

Posted on: 2007/3/22 11:53
 Top  Twitter  Facebook  Google Plus  Linkedin  Del.icio.us  Digg  Reddit  Mr. Wong  Report

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Lemuel, thanks. I'll wait and see what happens.

Richard

Posted on: 2007/3/22 0:44

Staff
Staff

See User information
Quote:
MasterR wrote:
Okay, I'm still a novice on this computer stuff. For example, I have learned how to post on the forums.

But, when I get on the chat line, and try to post, it doesn't go through. I click the "Submit" button, and it just gets lost.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but don't know what.

I read the General Guidelines, but didn't find anything on this. Any ideas?

Richard

There is occasionally a bit of lag time between submitting the post and it appearing on the screen. Did you hang around and wait to see if it showed up eventually? I'm not sure - but the lag time might increase with the number of people posting and might be dependent on your connection speed.

That's about as much as I know, so if that doesn't help it's definitely a job for Simon.

Posted on: 2007/3/21 17:13

Staff
Staff

See User information
That sounds like computer geek stuff
Simon?

Posted on: 2007/3/21 17:09
Breoghan

Honour needs no witness.
Reality has little respect for wishful thinking.
Life goes on, then one day it doesn't. The rest is just there to keep things interesting

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Okay, I'm still a novice on this computer stuff. For example, I have learned how to post on the forums.

But, when I get on the chat line, and try to post, it doesn't go through. I click the "Submit" button, and it just gets lost.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but don't know what.

I read the General Guidelines, but didn't find anything on this. Any ideas?

Richard

Posted on: 2007/3/21 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Okay, now that it's open we should decide when we'd like to gather there and for what purpose. There's not a sufficient population yet to simply let it run and expect a lively discussion to result. But having said that, I've got the Chat in another tab and have encountered ember.

Posted on: 2007/3/21 14:04

Staff
Staff

See User information
By popular request, our Live Chat Room is now OPEN once again. Our apologies for the time it has taken us to open the Chat Room on a permanent basis. We have had to amend our Terms of Service and other documents to cover it, and have also introduced some <a href="http://gorchronicles.com/modules/newb ... forum=10">General Posting Guidelines</a>. Full details of the changes made can be found <a href="http://gorchronicles.com/modules/newb ... 3">here</a>. Please read these documents, especially the <a href="http://gorchronicles.com/modules/newb ... forum=10">General Posting Guidelines</a>. To make it easier to use we have also added a date and time stamp to each post.

We hope you will enjoy this new feature of the site. Other new features are in the pipeline, and will be announced at the appropriate time.

Simon

Posted on: 2007/3/16 21:20
"Have I nothing better to do? Have I not a thousand scrolls gathering dust on my shelves, unread, unstudied?"

Staff
Staff

See User information
No problem - don't worry about it.

Simon

Posted on: 2007/3/11 12:51
"Have I nothing better to do? Have I not a thousand scrolls gathering dust on my shelves, unread, unstudied?"

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Simon of Tabor, I apologize for my question.

If I had read the previous posts, I would have had my answer.

I guess I'm real stupid, and just not stupid.

Thanks for your gracious reply. You could have been a little catty, as I deserved it. Thanks again.

Richard

Posted on: 2007/3/11 12:31

Staff
Staff

See User information
As I've said, when it's open again it will be in the Main Menu. I'll also say here when it's back open.

Posted on: 2007/3/11 0:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
This may be a stupid question, but I'm still new to the site, and not sure of everything.

How does one get to the chat room?

Posted on: 2007/3/11 0:31

Staff
Staff

See User information
When it's open again, and we are working on that, it will be in the main menu. We'll make announcements when it's open again.

Posted on: 2007/3/8 15:09

Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
As some know or have seen that I'm new here and just learning my way around the boards. How does one find the chat room for here? Thank you.

Posted on: 2007/3/8 14:55
"It is better, I think, to grab at the stars then to sit flustered because you know you cannot reach them." .....Drizzt Do'Urden

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It sort of reminded me of a time I had been invited to a party, back in the old "U" days before I discovered that I wasn't really that into molecular anything. I just started getting comfortable, meeting people, having a few laughs when out of no where the people who lived there told everyone else it was time to go. No warning before hand, no real explination, but there wasn't much point in worrying over it. Naturally like good college kids, the rest of us went off and got blitzed elsewhere, so in the end, it was all good.
But it isn't a problem that really needs any addressing. Like I said before, your house, your rules, considering all the work you folk have done here, I doubt anyone will, or should, complain overtly.

A couple of more suggestions for the mix:
1)Ideal discussion nights: picking one ideal from the books (honesty, bravery, submission, dominance, what ever.)
2)Socializing nights; come meet lifestyle Goreans to get a feel of what it is all about.

Posted on: 2007/3/5 21:20
I am called a dog because I fawn on those who give me anything, I yelp at those who refuse, and I set my teeth in rascals - Diogenes of Sinope

Staff
Staff

See User information
Thank you. The suggestions are appreciated, and we'll add them to the mix. We're currently discussing the future of the Chat Room, so watch this space.

Posted on: 2007/3/5 17:29

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Tal,
That's too bad about the chat room. It's sort of what set this place apart from the other sites I've seen, the ability to type real time between like minded individuals. Still, I can see where a little peace and private time for and between the Mod's might be a necessity of sanity. On to the suggestions, I've a few:

1)Book nights; Nights specifically designated to one of the books, or one aspect from one of the books.

2) That Plato and the Republic thing may do better as a combination of open discussion night as well as opened thread, whenever it gets opened.

3)Moderated discussion events on a: Free Men (By and for free men) b: Free women (by and for free women) c: slaves (by and for slaves) in the lifestyle on Earth and how they attempt to live by the ideals of the books. Though I'd love to sit in on b and c, I was thinking more insular events for those who identify themselves in each category without the presence of anyone from one of the other two.

I think you have enough people here to do any or all of these with very little actual work involved, depending on the desired format, and also draw a good sized crowd.

Posted on: 2007/3/5 17:25
I am called a dog because I fawn on those who give me anything, I yelp at those who refuse, and I set my teeth in rascals - Diogenes of Sinope

Staff
Staff

See User information
Thank you to all those who dropped in to see us in the Chat Room, during our opening weekend.

We've been delighted with the number of visitors, to the site as a whole as well as the Chat Room, and we hope you will all stay and participate, and help the place to grow.

The Chat Room is now closed once again. We will open it from time to time, maybe for specially announced live discussions on particular topics, maybe for a regular slot. If you have suggestions for it, such as ideas for discussions we could host there, do let us know.

In the meantime, do enjoy the rest of the site.

Simon

Posted on: 2007/3/5 1:10

The Chat Room is Open
Staff
Staff

See User information
I thought I'd mention here that the Chat Room is open and I'll be sitting in it much of the weekend. Do feel free to drop in and say hello!

Posted on: 2007/3/2 17:05

[Advanced Search]

DISCLAIMER
Please be advised that John Norman is not responsible and specifically disclaims any responsibility for any of the content of this website, except for any content that he has specifically written himself. Please also be advised that John Norman has no ownership interest in this website.
Home :: About Us :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Notice :: Contact Us
© 2006-2010 John Norman's Chronicles of Gor
John Norman's Chronicles of Gor is owned and run on a not-for-profit basis by Gor fans, for Gor fans, and is independent of John Norman, his agent, and his publishers.

All Gor novels are copyright © by John Norman. All rights are reserved and, subject to the doctrines of fair use and fair dealing, no text from any of the Gor novels may be used without the express written consent of the author or his authorized representatives. Infringements of this copyright will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. For information and permission contact copyright@gorchronicles.com.
You can report infringements of the copyright of the Gor novels to us at copyright@gorchronicles.com.

Unless expressly stated otherwise, the copyrights of all independently created works posted on this site by or with the permission of their authors or other copyright-holders, as the case may be, are retained by their respective authors or other copyright-holders, as the case may be. If you believe your copyright may have been infringed in some way on this site please contact us at copyright@gorchronicles.com.

For further information about copyright matters on this website please view our Terms of Service. For any other information contact us at info@gorchronicles.com.

This site uses cookies. For full details regarding our use of cookies please refer to our Privacy Notice.